The Gloucester Fraternity Club had its beginning: in the early 1920’s when the young men of “Portugee Hill” began to think seriously of organizing a musical group. Ideas from Joseph Vidal and Joseph Mitchell were tossed about during lunch breaks at the Slade Gorton Fish Loft and in January, 1923, 35 enthusiastic young musicians embarked on a new avocation, and their first full year of organization.
Today the Gloucester Fraternity Club still builds on the ideals of its founders. Family, Friendship, Brotherhood, Sisterhood, helping others in the community are still a major ideals of the club.
Members join “TODAY” because of the friendly and caring nature of the GFC. The GFC provides scholarships for members children, donates money and the facilities to help the youth in the community, Sponsors Monthly Special Needs Dances not only for Cape Ann residents but for all those in need throughout the North Shore area.
We offer a top notch club to our members highlighting the following:
- A modern clubroom fully Heated & Airconditioning with 70″ LED HD BIG SCREEN TV for members enjoyment
- A fully stocked bar at reasonable prices along with serving snacks and food
- Open seven (7) days a week Sunday thru Thursday 11:00 A.M. till 10:00 P.M.and weekends 11:00 A.M. till 12:00 midnight
- Plenty of OFFSTREET PARKING
- Family events: Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Breakfast with Santa, Family Picnic, and many more exciting events
- Sporting events: Sunday morning horseshoes, Cribbage Club, Dart League Thursday Night – Interclub Dart League – Great League for Beginners.
- Hall Rentals for MEMBERS & GUESTS. Check out our HALL RENTAL SECTION for details
Follow the GFC Twitter Account for information about the club and activities.
Upload your favorite photos or videos to the GFC Instagram Account.